No one likes surprises, especially when it comes to insurance and medical costs. To limit these undesirable surprises I recommend new clients contact their insurance to confirm their benefits prior to beginning services.
FOR IN NETWORK (IF YOU HAVE A Blue Cross Blue Shield OR United HealthCare PLAN):
- Call the number on the back of your insurance card, some have a specific number for mental health benefits
- Tell the representative that you would like to confirm that Jennifer Van Rossum/5Peaks LLC is an in network provider for your plan.
- Ask to confirm that the most common billing codes are covered: these codes are: 90791, 90837, 90847, 90846, 90832, and 90834. Confirm that these codes are covered for both in office and virtual coverage.
- Ask if you have a deductible you must meet prior to insurance covering session cost.
- Ask if you have a copay or co-insurance.
- Find out your effective date.
FOR OUT OF NETWORK (IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE THAT IS NOT A BCBS OR UHC PLAN):
If you have an insurance plan other than Blue Cross Blue Shield or United HealthCare, please refer to the self-pay fee schedule.
If requested, I can provide clients with necessary documentation to obtain reimbursement from their insurance company in the form of a “Super Bill”. These forms are completed by me and submitted by you to your insurance company for possible reimbursement of counseling services. Please check with your insurance company prior to beginning counseling to ensure coverage and to learn what reimbursement, if any, will be provided to you by insurance.
Please provide this information upon discussion of utilizing insurance benefits.